Purpose of the Antioch Discipleship School
The goal of the Antioch Discipleship School (ADS) is to train and equip men and women to fulfill the great commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the specific call of God for their lives. Students set aside a year of their lives for an intensive discipleship process where they grow deeper in their relationship with God and in their understanding of His purposes for their lives. ADS is for people in every vocation, from businessmen to full-time parents to cross-cultural missionaries because as Christians we are all called to live missionally and approach life as ministry, especially in our vocation. ADS is also a first step in training future church leaders and church-planters within our movement of churches.
One Year Night School
What would your life look like if you spend just one year sacrificially focusing your time and energy on God? The school is an intense one-year discipleship program designed to accelerate growth in your relationship with God and the transformation of your character to be more like Jesus. Give one year to God... be changed for a lifetime.
Not ready or able to make such a long-term commitment, but still eager to deepen your walk with God?
Each year culminates in a cross-cultural mission trip that allows ADS students to practically apply their training, readings, and teachings.
The destinations of these trips are to nations where our movement of churches are already establishing works, or places where we are exploring the possibility of church planting in the near future. These 2 to 6-week trips are life-transformational for students. Students learn just as much during their summer trip as they do during an entire year at the training school.
Applications are due July 1.
A completed application includes the application form and three references:
- Reference 1 - LifeGroup Leader or Spiritual Mentor
- Reference 2 - Employer or Teacher
- Reference 3 - Friend
Core Training School Objectives
- Intimacy with God (Spiritual Disciplines, Hearing God)
- Understanding the Character of God (Father Heart of God, The Holy Spirit)
- Developing a Biblical Worldview (Bible Study Principles, Survey/Overview of the Bible)
- Personal Wholeness (Character, Inner-Healing, Identity in Christ)
- Healthy Relationships (Communication, Spiritual Gifts)
- Great Commission Mindset (Discipleship, Church-Planting, Life-Vision)
- Life Skills (Finances, Time Management)
Count the Cost: ADS Commitments
- $2,700 for individuals and $5,000 for couples
“Where God Guides, God Provides” - Please talk to us if finances are the only factor keeping you from participating in the school
- Summer Outreach: Raise $2,500 to $3,500 in Support
- Tuition includes: two retreats, fall outreach & World Mandate
- Tuition is used for: staff stipends, books, supplies, rent, speaker costs, and administrative expenses.
- Weekly Class Time: average of 8 hours over 2 meetings (No more than 4 absences per year)
- Fall retreat, fall outreach, spring retreat, World Mandate conference
- Readings and Assignments: Approximately 6-8 hours/week
- Serving in a Ministry: Approximately 8 hours/week (Sunday mornings, church events, ministry meetings or faithgroup, discipling others, administration for the ministry, etc.)
- Discipleship meetings with ADS staff
- 2 to 6 Week Summer Outreach
- Personal goals for time with God and evangelism
Important Training School Dates*
- June 18: Application Deadline
- Sep 5: Fall Semester Begins
- Sep 28-Oct 1: Fall Retreat (Thu. evening - Sun. afternoon)
- Late October/Early November (Fall outreach)
- Dec 12: Last Class of Fall Semester
- Jan 7: First Class of Spring Semester
- Jan 12-15: Winter Retreat (Friday night-Monday afternoon)
- February/March: Long Personal Fast
- January/February(Dates TBA): World Mandate Conference
- June 12: Last Class of Spring Semester
- June or July 2018: Summer Mission Trip
*Note: Some dates are still tentative