Purpose of the Antioch Discipleship School
The goal of the Antioch Discipleship School (ADS) is to train and equip men and women to fulfill the great commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the specific call of God for their lives. Students set aside a year of their lives for an intensive discipleship process where they grow deeper in their relationship with God and with others in their understanding of His purposes for their lives. ADS is for people in every vocation, from businessmen to full-time parents to cross-cultural missionaries because as Christians we are all called to live missionally and approach life as ministry, especially in our vocation. ADS is also a first step in training future church leaders and church-planters within our movement of churches.
One Year Night School
What would your life look like if you spend just one year sacrificially focusing your time and energy on God? The school is an intense one-year discipleship program designed to accelerate growth in your relationship with God and the transformation of your character to be more like Jesus. Give one year to God... be changed for a lifetime.
Discipleship School Objectives
- Intimacy with God (Spiritual Disciplines, Hearing God)
- Understanding the Character of God (Father Heart of God, The Holy Spirit)
- Developing a Biblical Worldview (Bible Study Principles, Survey/Overview of the Bible)
- Personal Wholeness (Character, Inner-Healing, Identity in Christ)
- Healthy Relationships (Communication, Spiritual Gifts)
- Great Commission Mindset (Discipleship, Church-Planting, Life-Vision)
- Life Skills (Finances, Time Management)
Count The Cost: ADS Commitments
- The cost of the school is $2,900 per person or $5,500 for a married couple
- Tuition covers the cost of two retreats, a fall outreach trip, a ticket for our annual conference, books, supplies, rent, speaker costs, administrative expenses and stipends for the director and staff of the school.
- For the summer outreach, students are also asked to raise $2,500 to $3,500 in support to fund the trip, and we give resources and coaching through the process
“Where God Guides, God Provides” - Please talk to us if finances are the only factor keeping you from participating in the school - We do have scholarship money available.
- Classes run from September - June.
- Weekly class times: every Tuesday evening, and every other Sunday afternoon
- Participation in a fall weekend retreat, fall weekend outreach, spring weekend retreat, and annual conference
- Readings and assignments: Approximately 6 - 8 hours/week
- Serving in a ministry: Approximately 6 hours/week (may include Sunday mornings, church events, ministry meetings or lifegroup, discipling others, administration for a ministry, etc.)
- Discipleship meetings with ADS staff and other students every other week
- Participation in a 2 - 3 Week Summer Overseas Outreach
- Personal goals for time with God and evangelism
APPLICATIONS DUE JULY 15th
A completed application includes the application form and three references:
- Reference 1 - Lifegroup Leader or Spiritual Mentor
- Reference 2 - Employer or Teacher
- Reference 3 - Friend
For More Information
Email Alaine Norcross